EURACT Medical Education Conference Leuven 2018
EURACT and KU Leuven are very pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the
EURACT Medical Education Conference 2018!
The conference will be held in the beautiful city of Leuven, Belgium on September 21 - 22, 2018 and has the theme "Family Medicine Education in the real world: from theory into practice". The conference will provide an opportunity for practicing family medicine teachers and researchers to meet and exchange research findings and new ideas in order to continue the development of Family Medicine in Europe.
This conference seeks to emphasize an important stage in the development of the discipline of Family Medicine which is to ensure it has a secure academic base. We are particularly looking for more justification and clarification research in education to provide a strong evidence base that will underpin the enthusiastic educational efforts of so many teachers in Europe. The department of Family Medicine in Leuven is happy to host this conference on the occasion of its 50th anniversary.
Abstract submission is now open!
We welcome 3 different submission types:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
Please find more information regarding abstract submission on the conference website.
This conference will offer an exciting programme including distinguished international keynote speakers, oral, poster and workshop presenters discussing innovative and broad scientific topics related to family medicine education!
- Professor Roger Damoiseaux, the Netherlands - “Teaching and learning Evidence Based Medicine in General Practice"
- Dr Meiling Denny, Chief Examiner, Royal College of General Practitioners, UK
- Professor Yonah Yaphe, School of Health Sciences of the University of Minho in Portugal - Janko Kersnik Memorial Lecture "Teaching Family Medicine in the real world: the view from three continents"
Registration for the conference is open now! More information regarding fees and registration can be found on the conference website.
EURACT will offer six bursaries for the Conference - the conditions for the bursaries are as follows:
- Amount: for the total sum 3000 Euros, 6 bursaries will be offered (with each bursary to provide a maximum of 500 Euros to cover the cost of travel, accommodation and the conference fee);
- Eligibility criteria: EURACT member (application received prior to the EURACT council meeting on 12-14 April 2018); an abstract accepted; priority given to EURACT members from low income countries;
- Applications: these will be processed through the EURACT secretariat at email@example.com and should be submitted by 22nd June 2018.
Please complete the "Sponsoring Application Form "Leuven 2018"
Please find below some important deadlines:
May 20, 2018: Deadline abstract submission
June 15, 2018: Notification of acceptance to authors
June 22, 2018: Deadline application for bursaries
July 1, 2018: Deadline early bird registration
July 30, 2018: Deadline registration and payment for oral, poster and workshop speakers
September 8, 2018: Registration deadline
September 21 - 22, 2018: EURACT 2018 conference
We are looking forward to receiving your abstract and to welcome you at the conference!
Stay updated by visting the conference website – www.euract2018.org
Prof. Jean-Marie Degryse (chair of the conference)
Dr. Jo Buchanan (EURACT president)